Hardware Asset Management Specialist Certification – HAMS
Hardware Asset Management is important for every organisation. Hardware management and control influence the risk on several assets types such as Software Asset Management, Cloud & Services Asset Management and People & Information Asset Management. E.g., when you not control your hardware it is not possible for you to control your software that will result in non-compliance.
This course will align IT Service Management best practices together with Hardware Asset Management best practices. This will help an organisation to implement Hardware Asset Management lifecycle processes and showing how IT Service Management can support HAM lifecycle to be in control and support the other Asset types.
The purpose of the ITAMOrg Hardware Asset Manager Specialist (HAMS) course and certification is for the participants to obtain knowledge on best practice and use of Hardware Asset Management in the challenges and variables that Hardware Asset Managers face on an everyday basis. The course is based on a practical approach to strengthen the participants understanding of how ISO 55000 and IT Service Management best practice relates to everyday use of Hardware asset management, Hardware standards, Hardware lifecycle control, control of retirement and disposal and organisational issues that saturates many businesses in today’s Asset Management world. This course will enable you to understand how to use Hardware Asset Management in the most contributing form to your IT organisation and the business as a whole.
In this course, participants will learn best practices in Hardware Asset Management, as well as the practicality to understand and accordingly increase the maturity of HAMS by a Tier based implementation. The participants will through a case based learning get the knowledge to understand, answer and manage the questions regarding Hardware Asset Management; why something should or should not be done, how to clearly identify goals, and how to quantify success. Hardware Asset Management (HAM) is a series business practices that underlines the use of Hardware within an organisation and frequently assess how Hardware traverses and affects the organisation.
Attendees will after ended course be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of the Hardware Asset Managers role in relation to:
• Understanding the risks, costs, challenges and benefits associated with HAM in a dynamic IT environment
• Understanding the different types of Hardware there should be managed to avoid risk
• Recognizing the potential issues that arise when implementing a HAM program
• How to gather the suitable information about the organisational environment that the HAM program is being implemented into
• Making a comprehensive Business Case for HAM to gain commitment to the HAM project
• Understanding the key HAM processes required to ensure the effective HAM program
• Specifying the requirements for evaluating and selecting the correct tools for HAM
• Developing and communicating the related Hardware Policy
• Understanding how HAM interfaces with IT Service Management including ITIL and other BP’s
• Planning for the development and implementation of all HAM policies, procedures and tools
• Establishing and maintaining a database containing the HAM relevant data
• Understanding how to control all activities associated with the Hardware Lifecycle
• Detecting, escalating and managing all exceptions with policies, processes, procedures and hardware types in the correct way
• Managing all relationships within the business and with partners/suppliers to the agreed Service Levels
• Continually assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures in relation to the different Tiers
The HAMS course is based on Hardware Asset Management best practices and standardisation.
It combines IT Service Management best practice with the Asset Management standard (ISO55000).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The three-day HAMS course is designed for IT professionals with little understanding of the IT Asset Management area. The desired – but not required – criteria for participating in the HAMS course is;
• ITAMOrg IT Asset Management Foundation course and certification
• At least three months of working experience in all phases of Hardware Asset Management
• An understanding of IT Service Management best practice – have participated in ITIL Foundation v. 3 or later and an general understanding of IT